B

B the one and only.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Whoop whoop whoopie!!!

I'm back home. It feels good to be home. I'm gonna be spamming this blog with photos, so if you hate laggy computers and slow loading images this isn't really the post for you, but if you want to know more of what happened over my holiday, yups, here it is.

Really had lots of fun. In total my family + one auntie bought 13 shoes. If I'm not wrong, 1 each for my mom, myself and father, and then 6 for my sister (and friends), and 4 for my Auntie. Technically speaking, my sister only has 2, because the other 4 is her friends ask her to buy. But the 4, yes, it's all for my aunt, 2 pairs of shoes and 2 pairs of slippers. Cool right XD. I bought a Reebok Red White Shoe. It's technically all white, with a little bit of red nia, looks a bit like a school shoe, but quite nice. Erm if I'm not wrong it's around 1200 baht (no, not the one with 2 cheeks), which is around 50 dollars? Yea I think so.

I'm not going into the events yet. I started writing this post at about 7.20. It's 7.24 now.

Hmm, I went to many places. Yups, lots. I went to the floating market, Maboonkrong (better known as MBK) which is a giant mall approximately twice the size of the whole of J8. Okay, I think I'd better go into the events. The camera will help me. Before that maybe I'd say that I'll definitely digress like a lot. I'll add in some random comments and snibbets.

Day 1 was just the introduction and all that. I arrived at 8pm Thai time (1 hour behind us). By the time I actually managed to find my cousin (who lives there and is 35 years old) and is called either Ah Yang or Ah Pom (its his nicknames). Take note, his name will appear many times. You see, my Thai relatives own many gigantic apartments (like a HDB flat) with about 500 rooms like hotel rooms and they rent it out to people. So like we had free lodging. And, Ah Pom, is the boss of that company. From what I understand it's just recently passed down from my uncle (ie his father), to him. So because the Airport is new to my father (who travels to Thailand a lot), and we have no form of communication with Ah Pom, it was rather difficult to find our way out of the airport. The ride was approximately 2 hours back, and we bought some snacks (we hadn't had dinner).

Oh my, I just realised I have like so many brackets. Heck, never mind.

Yups, so then we were brought to the room, two rooms actually then we settled down, greeted Ah Pom's brother Ah Sam. There's another one called Ah Chai. Also a apartment boss in another one. Ah Sam is a blooming doctor. So after all the greetings and laughings and introductions we went to sleep, around 12mn (1am SG).

Day 2 was, let me tell you, one of the best days. In the morning we went for a Thai walk in the market for breakfast. We had tau huay (soy bean drink) and some kind of fried sweet vermicelli. It's nice. It's somewhere in the market which is technically roadside stalls. And let me tell you something, the drivers there are ultra patient and do not HORN, but, they are rough and hiong drivers. Apart from that I saw lot's of really funny stuff at the market. Erm, they include pig's nose and fried crickets. It's ew. Check out the photos below.


Okay, after that we went to the rooftop for some nice viewing of Bangkok, but I won't put the images. It takes time. In any case, after that we went for lunch. Tom Yam, fried rice, more and more. I tell you, it's the cheapest meal in the whole vacation, but it's the best. Yups. It's local food brought to us by Ah Pom. Check out the photo below.

After lunch we went to a nice cool museum. Did you have any idea that those shiny beetles wings of a freaky fluttering friends can be woven as decoration? And there's like so much so much gold in Thailand (cos basically their temples and gifts to the king are all made of gold?) Yups. Nothing much about this place. Check out the few photos below.






Yea then after that we went to MBK. This is a damn big shopping mall. We went to the shoes and clothes section on level 6, and we spent the next 6 hours +++ there. That is a lot of shopping. I bought erm, let me see, lots of clothes. They have all the vulgar clothes. Like erm they print the alphabet in sex positions, and have stuff like FBI = Female Body Inspector and things like Star*ucks. I hope you know what letter is the * represented by. No? It's an F, dumb.
Basically Day 2's shopping was mainly for others, not me. Wait till I tell you about yesterday.

I need to stop I think. It's enough for one day's post. Enough. Toodles.

BENJAMIN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home